Exchange and use of spatial data
INSPIRE simplifies the exchange and use of spatial data. Both users and spatial data holding authorities benefit from this.
As spatial data provider you can participate in INSPIRE step by step
- Analyse your spatial data and check for INSPIRE relevance
- Create an list of your INSPIRE-relevant datasets
- Describe your datasets with metadata
- Make datasets accessible via view and download services
- Make the datasets available in an interoperable way
The following table summarizes the steps of the technical implementation:
- Identification of INSPIRE-relevant data: Do you have INSPIRE-relevant spatial data? These Information helps to identify your INSPIRE-relevant datasets: Handlungsempfehlung zur Identifizerung INSPIRE-relevanter Geodaten für geodatenhaltende Stellen...
- Creation of Metadata: How can I describe my datasets with metadata and what has to be considered?
- Creating interoperable datasets: How do I make my datasets interoperable?
- Interoperable Geodaten: Was muss ich tun, um meine Geodaten nach einheitlichen Vorgaben bereitzustellen? more informationen...
- Protection of datasets: How can I protect my datasets if they should not be publicly accessible?
We are happy to support you!
The Coordination Office SDI Germany and the Contact Points at federal and state level are happy to support you implementing INSPIRE. Get in touch with your responsible organisation!
If you would like to exchange information with other spatial data providers and experts, please contacts these expert groups in Germany and Europe.
As a user, you can use the spatial data infrastructure in many ways
You can use the spatial data infrastructure to access the spatial datasets via standardized interfaces. Geoportals such as Geoportal.de, INSPIRE Geoportal or the geoportals of the federal states, regions and municipalities are available for research, data download and viewing maps. Further possibilities of use arise from the data download and further processing in arbitrary GIS systems or other applications.