Central collection of information on geodata and geodata services
The Geodatenkatalog.de is the metadata information system of the Spatial Data Infrastructure Germany (SDI Germany) and forms the data basis for the Geoportal.de. With the help of this central component, the metadata for geodata sets, geodata services and other IT-supported geodata applications are collected and can be searched and retrieved via the Geoportal.de.
The technical implementation of Geodatenkatalog.de is based on a network of distributed, independent metadata catalogues and is carried out via coordinated interfaces to catalogue services of the federal government, the federal states, industry and science.
The contents of Geodatenkatalog.de are freely available via a standardised interface. They are used by various other (geo) data infrastructures in the German and European context:
- GovData - Portal, for freely available administrative data from the federal, state and local governments in Germany
- AdV-MIS, for official cadastral surveying data in Germany
- INSPIRE Geoportal, central access point to data within the framework of the INSPIRE Directive
- European Data Portal, access to Open Data of the European public sector
- Global Earth Observation System of Systems (GEOSS), access to Earth observation data from satellites, aircraft, drones and in-situ sensors
To improve the interoperability of the integrated metadata catalogues, metadata providers can check their metadata and services in advance using the GDI-DE Testsuite. In this way, a smooth integration of their catalogues into the Geodatenkatalog.de can be prepared and guaranteed.
Operation Office SDI Germany
Federal Agency for Cartography and Geodesy