Economic Council SDI Germany
The Economic Council SDI Germany was constituted on 18 March 2019. The founding event was hosted by the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI). The top representatives of the participating associations agreed to form the initiative "Wirtschaftsrat GDI-DE" (Economic Council SDI Germany). The aim of the initiative is to advise the SDI Germany on mutually identified specialist topics on a voluntary basis and from the point of view of business representatives.
The Economic Council SDI Germany is represented operationally by a coordinating committee. It currently consists of two representatives of bitkom and one representative of the BDVI.
The basis for the cooperation of the association representatives with the SDI Germany is laid down in a joint letter of intent. This was signed on 18 September 2019 by the Chairman of the Steering Committee SDI Germany, Rolf-Werner Welzel, and the spokesperson of the Economic Council SDI Germany, Dr. Gerd Buziek.
The initiative, which is currently supported by 14 associations, is based on a resolution passed in 2003 by the heads of the Federal Chancellery and the state and senate chancelleries of the federal states. As a result, the SDI Germany must be supported by an advisory committee. In it, the Economic Council SDI Germany represents the views of the business community on issues relating to the development of Germany's spatial data infrastructure.
The aim of the Economic Council SDI Germany is to institutionalise the cooperation between associations, business representatives and the SDI Germany, to advise the SDI Germany from a practical point of view on the market and user-oriented development of spatial data and spatial data infrastructures and to provide new impulses. The focus is on the optimal use of SDI Germany data and services in industry and business.
Coordinating committee Economic Council SDI Germany (election period 2020 – 2022)
- Gerd Buziek, Hon. Prof. Dr., Vorstand AK Geo, bitkom (Sprecher WR GDI-DE)
- Michael Pfefferle, Leiter AK Geo, bitkom
- Michael Zurhorst, Dipl.-Ing., Präsident BDVI
Members of the Economic Council SDI Germany
- Bitkom - Bundesverband Informationswirtschaft, Telekommunikation und neue Medien e. V.
- Bund der Öffentlich bestellten Vermessungsingenieure e. V. (BDVI)
- Deutsche Vereinigung für Wasserwirtschaft, Abwasser und Abfall e. V. (DWA)
- Deutscher Dachverband für Geoinformation e. V. (DDGI)
- Deutscher Verein des Gas- und Wasserfaches e. V. (DVGW)
- GEOkomm e.V. - Verband der GeoInformationswirtschaft Berlin / Brandenburg
- Gesamtverband der Deutschen Versicherungswirtschaft e.V. (GDV)
- Handelsverband Deutschland e. V. (HDE)
- Interessengemeinschaft Geodäsie (IGG)
- Metropolregion Rhein-Neckar (GeoNet.MRN)
- Runder Tisch GIS e. V.
- Verband der Anbieter von Telekommunikations- und Mehrwertdiensten e. V. (VATM)
- Verband der Elektrotechnik Elektronik Informationstechnik e. V. (VDE)
- Verband Deutscher Wetterdienstleister e. V. (VDW)